Monday 6 July 2009

Pilates on a Monday night....rocking!!



Yep, what can I say...just when I thought that it would get quiet and was worried about numbers maybe dwindling and hoping the leaflet drop and ad in the recent Parish Tram would work...the 3 hours of busy classes, back to back,...I worry about nothing sometimes....just ask my mum, shes the same, we are so alike, I blame her entirely!!! Anyway, where was I...yes, a new girl for 5.30 class who had a bad fall from Horse a while ago, has screws, bolts etc in her left leg below the knee, and she kept up, she did well, and hopes to come back for 2nd class on Thursday at 6pm, would be awesome if she did...shes a young chick and was fit before the fall, so knows the value of looking after her body, as she cant ride at the moment and cant do any other type of exercise, Pilates would be ideal for her.
Told her she will be amazed as she gets stronger just what she will be able to do, as have heard so many great stories of people doing pilates, getting stronger, better backs, shoulders, knees etc, taking them to a different level they never thought possible...its just awesome to hear! I hope that she will be able to get back on a horse in the near future if she sticks at it.
The usual madness at 6.30pm, love the group madly, they all make me smile and work so hard, just 3 mins into the class and you can see the focus and concentration on their faces, quite right! No ginger cat wandering in this week, I expect shes sniffing around the harbour looking for a cute doggie called Hamish...(thats another srory for those who dont know what Im on about..)
At 7.30 class, Sarahs friend, Karen came along for her 3rd class, shes picking it up quickly, and she bought a friend along this time too, plus Laurens cousins came back, they're young, slim pretty and blonde (im not that jealous!!) great class...they loved the pilates circle...
They all look asleep in this pic!! but are working hard, honestly!









Thursday 6pm , a new class will start, already have interested folk, Sally & Jo, (Thelma & Louise in disguise..) are coming , 2 in a week, go girls!!! and a new girl coming too....Vicky, driving in from Threemilestone..I also think Sally and Lisa are coming too, Nick Williams sisters, live in the village, they are a laugh as well, so I dont expect the class to be a quiet affair..
so, now just catching up on a bit of admin, having a cold pear cider that I think my other halfs mum left for me on the doorstep, bless her (makes me look like an alkie!! I dont drink at all!)
just spoken to my chap in Spain, hes away until Wednesday working on his Kitchen, its sooooo hot over there, 42 degrees...roasting he is....again...Im not THAT jealous! My ankles would just swell up in that heat, would be an unattractive nightmare!
Ok, signing off, going to bed..tomorrows another day, going to local leisure centre class at 9am, a class called Body Balance, used to LOVE it, until it hurt my back and realised its not that great, but theres a lady that goes who's got a bad back and I'm trying to entice her (its an uphill struggle but Im not giving up!!!!) to the bright side...Pilates....x

2 comments:

sally-ann said...

That was sneaky taking an extra piccie of us when we weren't looking!!! Just love the blog - really made me chuckle. A great read that will have me smiling for the rest of the day. See you Thursday. Thelma or am I Louise???

Joanne said...

Oh dear we are making a name for ourselves aren't we Sally-Ann. So Am I Thelma or Louise then Mel? LOL You made me laugh out loud anyway chick.... Looking forward to Thursday x