Tuesday 4 August 2009

Pre-Raphaelites


I first came across Rossetti in London (obviously not the person as he is long gone!) when I was working in Picadilly Circus in a restaurant..I went to the Tate Gallery on a rare day off and there was a Pre-Raph exhibition on..I fell for the paintings immediately, adoring Rossetti & Burne Jones the most, Millais painting of Ophelia was amazing..and to see so many paintings up close in their original state left me speecheless, and became a fan forever...had a poster of Rossettis Prosepine on my wall for years, believe it or not my hair used to be like that...and had a copy of his sisters poems, Christina Rossetti.



havent told many people this as had more or less forgotten my passion for these paintings, I dont have any in the house as the walls have pics on cornwall everywhere! and I wouldnt be able to decide anyway as i like so many of them!

But have to say I'm not that impressed with the BBC2 series on them..bit boring really and makes them look foolish..but nice to see the story being told!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

How lovely that you can look back on a mad busy time in your life with such affection for something totally outside of the box so to speak - you may not have those pictures up any more, but they will always hold a special place - thanks for sharing this with us x