Thursday 25 March 2010

Awareness....why dont we have it??



This is my big question of the day...I'm watching a programme on channel 4 and have just seen the tightest shoulders...everytime I see something like that I want to reach into the TV and grab the person...show them their posture in a mirror..have you seen your back? do you ever look at yourself , naked or clothed, Im not fussy!
I makes me wonder if you know more about the swirls in your fingertips, they are about much of a mystery as your spine, why is that?  I'm sure you care about yourself or you wouldn't wash or have your haircut every now and then..so does the awareness of yourself stop at your face and hair, maybe hands/feet if you like nail varnish or moisturise them
This awareness , Ive noticed, takes a while to filter through, it took me a while too.  Hair looks nice, face look nice, back looks awful!

Not everyone says "Hi how are you, have you noticed that bump in your right shoulder?"  - and before you think, well, how rude! I don't say it straight away, but in a private session I will, in front of a mirror, ask them what they see, and show them what I see...hard to do in a class situation, taking photos or a video of them moving is a great help, as what you think you are doing and what you are really doing is usually very different..isnt that what you are paying your Pilates Teacher for, isnt that why you are here? we dont want you to waste your time or money, we want you to see the results you want to see.



So what can i say...well, BBC Breakfast TV..the chap called Simon who stands usually to chat about the Business news..his hunched shoulders and forward head drives me nuts, I look at him and want to grab his shoulders and want to give him the gift of Pilates to get him on the road to better shoulders,less headaches, less backache, less neck pain, stronger muscles, and..as he will be working his deep ab muscles or his Pelvic Floor his sex life will be boosted too and when he gets older and older, he wont be a hunched over old man, but a sprightly skipping light stepping stronger happy chap who can hold his own head up and has strong pelvic floor muscles, carry heavy supermarket bags and not fall over as his balance will be excellant too!! 

My rant over for the day...I'm off to stretch my shoulders..

No comments: