Friday 4 September 2009

My Book

Ive had a little idea...trouble is seeing it through..so Im starting with determination..being positive and all that stuff..my idea?? Im going to write a kids book....
Dont laugh!! I heard you...When I was 18 I went to Nursey Training College in Eastbourne, I had no idea what I wanted to be when I grew up (still dont) and as my older and wiser sister went to college to train as a Nursery Nurse, it seemed the path to follow, plus I think mum wanted me to get out of the house after secondary school and do something with my life...fair enough...one of the projects we had to do was to write & illustrate a kids book, I did mine on a little girls imaginary friend , having read a kids book by Nanette Newman on a similar storyline..funny what you remember isnt it?

Can I just say..I LOVE kids books, take me to Waterstones and I will be lost in the kids section for ages, I adore the illustration in some of the books, they are gorgeous, and some of the books are hilarious,my fave a couple of years ago was about a Mole who had a poo on his head as an animal had dumped on him as he came out of the ground..and he had to find out who it was so he investigated all the different looking poo's from Cows to Goats...loved it! Can you see how it appealed to my sense of humour? I also love reading books like this to kids, when I worked in a Creche in London (ages ago!!) my fave time of day was storytime at the end...hilarious..their faces are a treat to watch as their eyes widen as they listen more intently..love it..

This is the mole book ..I bought quite a few copies and gave them as xmas pressies to family & friends...& they still speak to me to this day...I also love Charlie & Lola!  ...they bought out a song..The Bestest in the Barn..I downloaded it to my i-pod and I play it when Im sitting at the airport waiting for the flight to Gatwick when off to London for the next part of the Pilates training..it makes me smile!
 
Anyway, my idea.. I think I should keep it quiet, I did write it down as a comment on a friends blog, which Ive now deleted in case the idea gets STOLEN!! My inspiration I should also keep quiet as he may be offended, dont think he will be but dont want to push it, not that its based on him but it helped the idea form in my head...and hes not getting any royalties! (maybe a Pint & a Pasty next time I see him as a thank you then..)
So Im going to find the time (ha!!) in between teaching Pilates, practicing Pilates, doing Pilates lesson plans, accounts, ancestry stuff ...usual cooking/cleaning/housework, feeding chickens and turkeys etc  
I know how I want the book to look and the way I want it told, but figured if Katie Price can do it then why can't I??  Ah yes, I need enough cash to pay someone to write it for me...Im doomed then!! maybe they will do it in exchange for a Turkey?

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Ok Ok I'll do the typing! - It sounds fantastic! well done you!

sally-ann said...

Love the tale of the mole and the poo! You do make me smile when I read your blog x