Sunday 6 September 2009

The Sea & Me

I dont have a great relationship with water...& being a Pisces you would think that was a bit weird as we are supposed to LOVE the sea being the sign of the fishes if you believe all that stuff...having nearly drowned as a kid on Brighton beach under the Pier, I've hated water ever since, but I managed to pass my 10 meters at school..just..but I dont like going under the water...even in the shower..the fear of drowning.! (in a shower?! are you mad flower?...well...yes..)

So it took a lot of courage to get in the water with Jo & co this week, but so glad I did, I think it was hearing about Jo beating her water fear and going in the sea, it helped me to do the same.
We all went again today! The sun was out all morning until we got to the beach, then the clouds rushed over to greet us, buggers..


But we had a great time anyway, Phil & Jamie hired proper boards and did some standing balancing acts ...I was very impressed ....these two are great fun, shame they don't live down here!
Sally-ann & Mike were just zooming along, they were going so fast, Mike was steering with his board...hes just asking for a speeding ticket!
Jo had her new rash vest on, as did I and new shoes..lilac!! thanks Jo!!
Cant wait for next time, almost annoyed I cant go on Monday, but Tuesday is looking VERY likely, just before Body Combat!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Soooo glad we were able to beat this thing together-we now have loads of afternoons to fill and the sea is calling us LOL x